Learning how to use highlighter on your face the right way is one of the greatest beauty secrets there is. The purpose of highlighting is to accentuate and lift the areas of your face that attract light. It also creates the illusion of younger, healthier looking skin. There are endless products and techniques when it comes to highlighting, I believe the best method is to keep it simple, and natural. The chart below demonstrates the correct areas to place your highlighter. Not all are necessary! This is a totally personal choice. Experiment with different looks; everyone is different. Depending on the type of product you choose; liquid or powder, it is always to be pressed into the skin, or gently dusted. Otherwise your healthy glow will turn your whole face into a shiny mess! Once you’ve mastered your technique, your highlighter will soon become your favorite product to use. Enjoy the magic highlighting has to offer!
Basic Beauty’s Application Tips:
- A powder, or stick highlight looks best as the last step of your makeup routine.
- A liquid highlight can also be used as the last step of your routine, or under your powder products for a subtle and natural look.
Basic Beauty’s Favorite Highlighters:
- Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector (in pressed powder & liquid)
- Cover FX Enhance Click Highlight (in Bubbly)
- Revolution Beauty Baked Highlighter